RECRUITING! DIGITAL MEDIA AND MARKETING MANAGER
APPLY BY: WEDNESDAY 31 AUGUST, 17:00
Job title: Digital Media & Marketing Manager
Report to: Artistic Director, Executive Producer
Primary Location: Volcano Office (Swansea)
Working hours: Part-time 0.6 (22.5hrs per week)
Salary: £24K per annum pro rata
Contract: Permanent (6-month probationary period)
Volcano Theatre is an artist-led organisation that explores ideas and social relations through performance and participation. Viewing its audiences as active participants in making meaning; and embracing the immediacy, surprise, and risk at the heart of the live experience, the company’s work is highly responsive to social and political context. With a perpetual sense of unfinished business, Volcano is committed to making, dismantling, and remaking – bringing fresh sense to its material in the present, with an eye on everything it has been through.
The company is based in Swansea, where it creates original performance work and hosts visiting and community arts. We are outward-looking Welsh internationalists with deep Swansea roots, fascinated by the place we live and make work and its relationship to other places. Volcano is made up of employed staff and a board of directors.
- We produce original theatre productions and site-specific events.
- We tour theatre productions in Wales, the UK and all over the world.
- We research and develop new ideas.
- We commission work from writers, visual artists, and filmmakers.
- We curate events that bring other artists and participants together.
- We teach and inspire through workshops and residencies.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The job holder will drive and develop our presences via social media, print media, and our website, ensuring that work created, commissioned, or supported by Volcano is in the public domain as quickly as possible. The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the Volcano infrastructure using Google Workspace. They will be responsible for marketing the work of Volcano and the facilities the company has to offer.
- Build a strong relationship with business partners and charities
- Manage and oversee the daily activities via Volcano social media accounts
- Support the Artistic Director and Executive Producer
- Create and maintain content for website, social media, and funding applications
- Visual documentation of Volcano’s artistic practice
- Maintain digital/technical infrastructure of Volcano
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Use of Google Workspace, Photoshop, Canva, WordPress and other technical applications.
- Negotiation skills
- Use of social media
- Welsh language (conversational Welsh and/or ability to create short written content in accurate Welsh for social media etc.)
- Experience in an arts setting
READY TO APPLY? COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.