THE CROW SHOW | COMPETITION AND EXHIBITION
The Crow Show Exhibition runs from December 11th.
Competition entry closing date 7th December (3rd December for Digital pieces)
To celebrate the performance of The Clockwork Crow at Volcano Theatre this December (and following on from the successful public competitions earlier in the year) Volcano is delighted to announce an open art competition and exhibition … all about Crows!
All kinds of artistic entries were welcome – as long as the focus of the piece was a crow or crows! From textiles, costumes, paintings, photographs, videos, sculptures, glass, puppets, drawings and collages to illustrated poems. The aim was to fill Volcano’s Seaside Gallery space in the High Street with crows of all kinds!
Here are the winners!
Further Information and Terms and Conditions:
“Piece(s)” = artwork(s) which may be textile, costume, masks, painting, photos, videos, sculptures, glass, ceramic, puppets, mixed media, collages, drawings, poems, text, illustrated text etc. Please contact email@example.com if you would like clarification.
1. The sole subject (or, by far, the main subject) of the piece(s) submitted must be a crow or crows.
2. You may submit up to 3 pieces/ entries to the exhibition. Submitting a piece does not guarantee that it will become part of the exhibition though Volcano will try to include as many entrants as possible.
3. Pieces may be collaborative (created by more than one person). Each creator agrees to abide by these T&Cs and any prizes will be awarded to the piece and divided between the artists.
4. Submission: Volcano is open Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 5pm. You will receive a receipt for your piece. No entries received after the stated time will be accepted.
4.i Physical pieces must be delivered in person to Volcano Theatre 27-29 High Street, Swansea. SA1 1LG any time before 5pm on Tuesday 7th December. Please complete the Entry Form and print it off (or bring along a paper with the same information).
4.ii Digital pieces: Videos and photographs can be entered digitally via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org in mp4 or jpeg file format any time before 5pm on Friday 3rd December. Contact Vic or telephone Volcano 01792 464790 if you have any questions regarding delivery of your piece(s). You will receive a receipt for your piece. No entries received after this time will be accepted. Please ensure your files are accompanied by a completed copy of the Entry Form or email/message which states your name, age (if 18 or under), title of the piece (and short description, if you wish).
Pieces must be collected on 30th December OR between January 11th and January 31st. Items may not be available for collection after this date.
6. Any item which is powered by mains electricity must have a current PAT testing certificate
7. Any piece which is deemed to be a risk to the public may not be displayed.
8. Pieces submitted must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this rule, then your piece will NOT BE considered.
9. Copyright and permissions: By submitting entries to the Volcano ‘The Crow Show’ Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image/ object;
c) they have the permission of any person pictured in any image (or, where an image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Volcano Theatre.
d) they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Volcano Theatre will indemnify Volcano Theatre against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
10. Copyright of all entries remains with the artist, but Volcano Theatre reserves the right to use, publish and republish entries or photos/videos in connection with the competition only, without payment.
11. By entering the competition you grant Volcano Theatre the right to use your name and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your piece and/or as a winner in The Crow Show competition
12. Prizes, totalling £100, will be awarded to the creator(s) of the winning pieces chosen by the judges for each age category.
13. By submitting pieces you are accepting the terms and conditions of the competition.
14. Pieces that have won an award in a nationally or regionally promoted competition or that have been entered in such a competition where the results are still pending, are not eligible for entry.
15. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Winners agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
This competition is free to enter and organised by the charity Volcano Theatre. Please remain calm if you are not chosen as a winner or selected for the exhibition.
Thank you 🙂